PW Audio spent more than half a year developing different copper wire structures, using the same wire body structure as Orpheus, to create First TimeS. The sound of the wire changes as it runs, and every time you listen to it, you feel like you're listening to it for the first time.
The Magician of Copper - Peter Wong
- PW Audio is famous for its copper cables, and founder Peter Wong is good at using different processing methods to create a wide variety of sounds. From the entry-level Copper 28 v2 to the Initial, Century Series 1950s, 60s, 80s, and Orpheus, all use copper as the conductor material. "First TimeS has spent more than half a year testing copper to bring it to the forefront once again.
In-depth Research, Repeated Experimentation - Orpheus Same Technology
- Peter Wong's research shows that with the same number of cores, the insulated sound has better analytical power, soundstage, and high-frequency performance. With the insulator in place, the effect of the lacquer on the wire was tested and the sound detail was improved.
It took two years of testing and material selection to master the structure and apply it to Orpheus. There are seven cores in each strand, each core is covered with a separate insulator plus multiple layers of lacquer, and finally, the outer layer of each strand is insulated with TRP. Based on the success of the Orpheus, PW Audio has applied this technology again to the new model, using the same wire body construction but with a different copper wire structure to create the First TimeS.
- The cable is not obviously oriented and is adaptable to different headphones or front ends. It also brings a rich amount of information, resulting in high definition and high dynamics, allowing you to feel every detail from ultra-low frequency to ultra-high frequency, and in terms of vocal expression, it is mesmerizing and deeply engrossing, and with the dark background, you can feel the natural sound and wide sound field.
Shielded version with different orientation
- By adding an extra layer of shielding to the outer mesh of the regular version, it not only further enhances the blackness of the background, but also brings you a different feeling. The shielded version slightly renders the low frequencies and soundstage of the First TimeS, while bringing out the magnificence of the high frequencies and enhancing the quality of the midrange.
- Jacket Material: soft PVC, Morandi blue nylon outer mesh
- Conductor Material : Copper (each core is individually insulated + multiple layers of lacquer; outer layer TRP insulated)
- Conductor Gauge: 26.5AWG
- Number of Conductors : 4 Wired
- Regular Version
- Shielding Version
Review on Head-Fi forum:
Review on twister6 forum:
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.